Are you someone born in the month of October? You would feel glad to be blessed with the most transcendental and magnificent stones as your birthstones, which are tourmaline gemstone and opal gemstone. Both these stones are semi-precious stones, and they suit the people born under the zodiac sign of Libra very well. Even expert gemologists and astrologers suggest those born under the zodiac sign of Libra wear Opal. If you are thinking of why and how this semi-precious gemstone is believed to be suitable for Librans, you should read this blog about the astrological benefits of opal.
As various astrologers and experts have studied the opal gemstone, they have found that it is linked and ruled by the mystical powers of the planet Venus, which is also known as Shukra in Vedic astrology. This planet is said to provide opal enchanting powers, allowing opal gemstone to not only prove beneficial to the wearer but also provide him with healing in multiple ways.
Summary of Opal
What Is an Opal?
Opal is one of the few gemstones that is found in a variety of different shapes, colors, and sizes. If you felt that opal is a mineral when you saw it, let us correct you; it is not a mineral, rather, it is a mineraloid. Opal gemstone is composed of hydrated (wet) amorphous silica, and this is the main reason why it ranks between 5 to 6.5 on the Mohs hardness scale.
Opal is formed as a result of the silica deposits. When silicon dioxide and rain seep deep into the ground, these silica deposits are formed, which build over millions of years, and eventually form large opal concretions and boulders. Even within opals, there are the precious opals and there are the common opals. The common opals never display any type of play of colors, but the precious opals do show play of colors. What is the play of colors? Play of colors refers to the fire-like rainbow appearance which is found in all precious opals, which diffracts light in different directions, based on the internal structure of the stone and the angles you view the opal from.
Significance Of Opal Gemstone
Whenever people go out to buy any gemstone or gemstone jewelry, they believe that they are purchasing something precious, something that is a luxury of some sort. One question that would arise in anybody’s mind is, what makes a gemstone precious? Is it the rare availability of the gemstone on earth, the mesmerizing look of the gemstone, or any other factor? We believe that the feature which makes any gemstone precious is its healing properties, its ability to provide many miraculous benefits to the wearer, and its metaphysical traits. Every gemstone is linked to some heavenly body that provides it with magical healing powers that benefit the wearer.
There are several benefits of opal gemstone, such as its emotional healing abilities, its property to promote creativity and inspiration, etc. Opal is also believed to bring good luck to the wearer’s life. Apart from all this, the milky appearance and subtle play of colors in white opal is said to bring spiritual awareness. Even the significance of opal varies across different belief systems and cultures. It is seen as a symbol of unconditional love, deeply associated with passionate and loving feelings towards your significant other. It possesses the power within it to rekindle feelings of affection between couples and find lost love. Opal is also used in different meditation techniques and spiritual practices.
Opal enhances the spiritual connection with the source consciousness, promoting a deeper understanding of one’s purpose and spiritual path. Opal gemstone is also heavily used for chakra alignment therapy in which the chakra practitioner balances and aligns all his seven chakras by meditating with opal gemstone. Opal gemstone is also considered to be particularly useful for healing blocked sacral chakra.
Top 10 Benefits of Opal Gemstone
The magnificent opal is ruled by the planet of beauty and love, Venus. The heavenly body Venus is where Opal’s miraculous and magical powers come from. This gemstone is also known as “The Eye of God” and “The Queen of Gemstones” due to its healing properties. With the help of the powers of Venus, opal benefits its wearers in astonishing ways. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- The opal gemstone is said to change its color according to the health of the wearer. If opal jewelry’s wearer is slightly ill, then the opal set in the jewelry will turn dull grey.
- The sick yellow color of opal gemstone is an indication of some severe ailment or even the possibility of the wearer meeting with an accident.
- Opal gemstone is also said to benefit the wearer by providing neuro-stability, creating a balance between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Benefits of opal also include healing problems related to throat, eyes, spleen, pancreas, bone marrow, and reproductive organs.
- Another benefit of opal is, it is extremely powerful when it comes to curing migraines and headaches. This is especially the case with pink opals.
- Opal also benefits the wearer by keeping him calm and cool-headed, allowing him to be gentle even in the most competitive environments.
- Opal gemstone helps the wearer in getting over failures encountered in past relationships.
- Enhancing the decision-making skills of an individual, opal jewelry enables its wearer to tap into the free flow of thoughts in one’s mind.
- Opal gemstone also owns the power within it to enhance the passion and charm of love.
- As a spiritual seeker, opal helps you attain peace and satisfaction in life.
As an October birthstone, opal is a popular choice for all our October babies. Also, astrologically, it is beneficial for the zodiac signs of Libra, Scorpio, and Pisces. So, are you ready to purchase opal jewelry? It does not matter whether you buy an opal ring, an opal pendant, an opal earring, an opal necklace, or an opal bracelet, you will receive all the benefits of opal as long as the planet Venus has a strong position in your birth chart. Are you a jewelry retailer, looking for a wholesale gemstone jewelry manufacturer and supplier for purchasing jewelry such as sterling silver jewelry, handmade jewelry, casting jewelry, or any other type of jewelry? If yes, then head straight to Rananjay Exports – you will find all types of jewelry over here, be it chakra jewelry or birthstone jewelry.