Citrine Gemstone – A Beautiful Quartz Variety
Citrine is a variety of quartz crystal, which is quite rare in its natural form. This makes this jewel very unique and highly valued. The English word “citrine” has been derived from the French word “citron” that means “lemon”. In Hindi, citrine is known as the Sunela Ratan. Sunela is believed to bring prosperity, good fortune, and wealth into its wearer’s life. Back in ancient times, this gemstone was believed to protect its wearer from snake poison as well as evil and negative thoughts.
What is Citrine?
Citrine is a form of silica mineral quartz which is generally found in a range of yellow hues. Quartz is the second most common mineral found in the Earth’s crust, and its varieties, such as amethyst, bloodstone, smoky, etc. are found everywhere. But citrine is different – it is considered to be quite rare when compared to the other varieties of quartz. When it comes to hardness, it ranks an impressive 7 on the Mohs scale of hardness, because its constituent, silica, is pretty tough.
Citrine is also the traditional gift for the 13th wedding anniversary. So, if you are nearing your 13th wedding anniversary, then buy citrine jewelry such as a citrine earring, citrine bracelet, or citrine necklace as a gift for your partner.
Who Can Wear Sunela or Citrine?
As discussed above, even though citrine is a semi-precious gemstone (from the Quartz mineral family), it is quite rare. Citrine is ruled by the planet Jupiter, and it helps the person gain wisdom, higher knowledge, professional success in life, and good financial status. As per the Vedic astrology, the Dhanu Rashi (Sagittarius), as well as the Meena Rashi (Pisces), are prescribed to wear the citrine gemstone.
Western astrology recommends citrine for the zodiac sign of Sagittarius, and it is also considered as November’s second birthstone, other than Topaz. But there is no hard and fast rule that only Sagittarians should wear citrine. Even the ascendants of Aries, Cancer, Leo, and Scorpio can wear citrine jewelry, such as a citrine ring or citrine pendants, after consulting with a good astrologer.
In order for you to attain the maximum benefits from Citrine, it is suggested that you wear a citrine ring on the index finger (or forefinger) of your working hand. In order to absorb all the healing energies of citrine, it is recommended that you use only gold or silver as the base metal for your citrine ring. As per astrology, the citrine ring should be worn on Thursday, in the morning between 5 AM to 7 AM during Shukla Paksha. But one thing you need to keep in mind is, the carat weight of the citrine gemstone which is being used in the ring should be approximately 1/10th of your body weight. So, for instance, if you weigh 60 kg, it is recommended for you to wear a 6-carat citrine stone.
A bright yellow or golden color citrine stone is considered to be the most suitable for astrological purposes. You can even consider wearing a natural citrine in a yellowish-orange color, without any sort of undesirable brownish tints if this is what your personal preference is. But be aware of treated citrine and the knockoffs – because most of the citrine sold in the market is nothing but heat-treated amethyst or quartz. After all, natural and authentic citrine is quite rare.
Astrological Benefits of Wearing Citrine Gemstone
- Citrine jewelry is a very beneficial gemstone jewelry helpful in removing all negative energy and low vibrations from the native’s mind. The inherent spiritual characteristics of citrine greatly induce positive energy and reduce depression in the wearer’s life.
- Citrine is a well-known crystal in the spiritual community – since it leads to psychic growth with enhanced clarity and self-confidence, it is used a lot by psychics, mediums, tarot card readers, and channelers.
- Citrine is popularly known as the “success stone” because it is known to bring success and prosperity to an individual’s life. Citrine jewelry also acts as a great tool to manifest wealth and good luck.
- Many astrologers believe that when you keep citrine in your wallet, it helps to curb and control your spending, while also infusing the quality of generosity that allows you to share your wealth with others.
- Citrine is also known for promoting marital happiness, helping you to lead a happy and content married life. Also, citrine is believed to be blessed with parenthood and is generally worn by pregnant ladies for the well-being of their baby and their protection.
- Citrine jewelry is said to enlighten the inner thought process while inspiring the creativity of writers as well as artists. Other than that, citrine is said to perform wonders when worn by professionals working in the fields of media, marketing, merchant banking, fitness, casinos, and sports.
Citrine’s Healing Properties and Health Benefits
- When it comes to the chakras mentioned in the Yoga teachings, citrine gemstone is associated with the solar plexus chakra and the third eye chakra. Citrine jewelry balances and aligns these two chakras, while magnifying the personal power and intent of the wearer. Physically, citrine is noted to boost the stamina of the wearer.
- Citrine jewelry does not absorb negative vibes – instead, it squanders away the negative vibrations. This is why it is said to stimulate positivity in the wearer and in his surrounding environment, instigating fresh hopes. It is also believed to purge negative energies from our relationships, allowing us to be in a state of calm at all times.
- Citrine is the only quartz crystal that is believed to cure ailments of the liver, heart, endocrine, thyroid, and kidney. Strengthening immunity, citrine is said to detoxify the body and improve digestion.
Congratulations! Now you are one among the many informed buyers, who not only know what is citrine, along with its astrological benefits and healing properties but also understand how to wear it, which planet it is ruled by, and the zodiac signs compatible with citrine. As a disclaimer, we would suggest that before wearing citrine, consult a proper astrologer and be 100% sure that citrine fully suits you.
Searching for the perfect yellow citrine jewelry to meet your retail needs? Consider browsing the official website of Rananjay Exports – India’s most renowned wholesale gemstone jewelry manufacturer and supplier. Not only do they deal in wholesale gemstone jewelry, but they also sell 925 sterling silver jewelry, such as chakra jewelry, birthstone jewelry, alphabet jewelry, and much more. So, visit browse through their website, and order the jewelry you need for your retail establishment right now!